Here’s a demo scene: http://archvirtual.com/ABK1/WebPlayer.html
Here’s where you can purchase and download the kit, to include these resources in your own projects: http://archvirtual.com/ABK1/EULA.html
[Update: New Architectural Beginner’s kit 2 is now available! More info here:http://archvirtual.com/?p=3027 ]
You can download it HERE and start importing your models right away. But if you’re an architect or designer with limited experience, even the simplest functions like doors, lights and cameras can be time consuming to master. To help speed up your learning curve, we developed an ‘Architectural Beginner’s Kit’ designed specifically for architects and designers getting started with Unity3d.
This kit combines detailed tutorial documentation within a Unity package that contains some simple prefab items you can put to use right away. You can drag and drop these items into your scene, but you also read the documentation to understand how they work, and how you might customize them to suit your project’s specific requirements. Check out the demo scene, showing off some of the kit’s elements.
This kit is only intended to serve as a beginner’s guide, to help get your architecture or design visualization project started with some very simple elements. Some of the prefab elements included may be immediately useful in your projects, while others may require additional customization to suite your project’s specific needs.
Here are the elements you will receive with this kit:
- Switch between lighting scenarios
- Users click a button on the User Interface to switch tagged lights on and off
- Example Use Case: Turn on or off different lighting scenarios – daytime, nighttime, etc.
- Camera / Player Options
- First Person Player – prefab and documentation describing how to setup a ‘player’ for your model, that visitors will use to explore the design
- Click and Orbit Camera – allows visitor to click a button on the interface to get a distant, orbiting view of the design
- Materials Changer – 2 setup options
- Select an object, then click on different texture options displayed on the user interface.
- Click on object -> Material Changes – multiple-clicks on the same object cycles through all textures
- Door automatically opens whenever visitor approaches it – automatically closes when visitor leaves
- 2 Door Types
- hinged door – rotates 90 degrees
- sliding door – slides X distance right or left
- Crosshair setup
- interaction with the design
- Reticle setup – for highlighting objects