This discounted pre-release edition will be available at a discounted rate of $15 until the first release edition is completed. With the feedback we receive, we will revise and release a full-price first edition for $25. Anyone who purchases this pre-release edition and provides feedback (either comments on how we can improve the book or quotes we can use in our promotional material) will also receive a free copy of the first edition. Click the ‘Buy Now’ icon at the top or bottom of this post. If you don’t have access to PayPal, send us a note at email@example.com for information about sending your payment by mail.
Unity3D has proven to be a truly powerful and game-changing technology in architectural visualization. The real-time virtual applications you can create with Unity offer a paradigm-shift over traditional illustration techniques, by enabling you to walk through a building virtually, at your own pace, experiencing and exploring the design in a totally unique and immersive way that no other illustration technique can. More importantly, there are numerous ways to leverage the virtual model to multiply it’s value. For example, you can use it to instantly generate hundreds of high resolution illustrations from any angle you wish, or even create an architectural animation. You can also easily embed a window into the virtual application on your website, where clients, project stakeholders or the general public can explore the design from their own computers. If you want to take it one step further, you can use the same project file to create an application for viewing in the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, or published to an Android or iPad tablet.
For the same or moderately higher cost than developing traditional illustration, a real-time application created with Unity3D offers a far greater value, and will set your projects apart from the rest.
Arch Virtual provides services, technologies and tutorials designed to assist and develop real-time architectural visualization projects. If you wish to outsource the creation of real-time applications, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a free estimate for your project. However, if you have the resources and software required to work with Unity3D in-house, this book is designed to introduce you to many of the concepts, tools and best practices recommended for creating real-time applications.
Please note that this is a 65 page booklet designed to simply introduce you to each of the main concepts you will need to be familiar with when using Unity3D for architectural visualization. While it doesn’t go into extensive detail in any one area, it does provide an introduction, overview and information about each of the most important concepts, along with some step-by-step techniques specific to architecture. There are links to dozens of specific resources you can access to drill down into deeper, specific knowledge of every feature of Unity3D.
If you are new to Unity3D, or even if you’ve experimented with it for a while and want to create architectural visualizations with it, I can all but guarantee this booklet will save you a great deal of time, and give you some clarity around the ‘big picture’ of Unity3D development.
Topics covered in this 65 page ebook include:
- What is real-time 3D, and how does it differ from traditional architectural visualization mediums?
- What are the advantages of real-time 3D rendering?
- Why Unity3D?
- Pricing, platforms, community, asset availability, dynamic file link
- Making the most of real-time 3D
- design, presentation, collaboration, marketing, post-occupancy
- Best Practices and Methods for Deploying Real-time 3D Applications
- choosing the platform
- Managing client expectations
- accessibility, client access, public access
- Technical considerations
- plug-in installation, computer specs, trouble navigating, remedies, limiting access, alternate access, high resolution screenshots, creating machinima animation video
- Preparing a model for use in Unity3D3D modeling software
- architectural software
- making use of existing geometry
- incomplete bim, export troubles, complex geometry, remedies
- Best practices for developing architectural models
- poly count, optimization, combining, material delineation, terrain
- 2D extraction method – step by step guide
- Basics of Unity3D
- resources, interface, creating a new project, import assets, mesh settings, scene setup, adding terrain, adding a skybox, add your model, add a player, scaling your model, testing, positioning player starting point, shader basics
- Publish your Build
- standalone, web player
- Advanced Features
- Analyzing and optimizing performance, stats, build size, lighting, light mapping, occlusion culling, sounds, landscaping
- Unity3D and Oculus Rift
- Outsourcing your real-time projects
- sense of scale, deep immersion, integration process, motion sickness, attention to detail, performance, publishing the project
Again, this discounted pre-release edition will be available through June 10, 2013 at a discounted rate of $15. With the feedback we receive, we will revise and release a full-price first edition later this month for $25. Anyone who purchases this pre-release edition and provides feedback (either comments on how we can improve the book or quotes we can use in our promotional material) will also receive a free copy of the first edition. Click the ‘Buy Now’ icon at the top or bottom of this post. If you don’t have access to PayPal, send us a note at email@example.com for information about sending your payment by mail.