From Dakota Dreamscape:
Welcome to the Dakota Skies Cultural Center ~~Chaplet Design Competition
Theme: A Spiritual Respite
- Interpretation of theme is at the designer’s discretion but must be respectful and meditative. Contemplative but not religious.
- For a frame of reference see: http://www.robertsstreetchapletproject.com/chaplets/index.html
Will open approximately 15 December 2008 and run thru 15 January 2009 on the grounds of the Dakota Skies Cultural Center
- The number of entries chosen for the Chaplet Exhibition will depend on the total entries and the overall quality of submissions
- Winning entries will go on permanent display at DSCC (Region: Dakota Ranch)
Depending on the number of winning entries, Merit Awards will be given at $1000L and one Honor Award will be given at $5000L.
Deadline to Enter:
15 November 2008
- Submit by dropping 1 (complete) Entry/object into inventory of Dakota Dreamscape
75 prims. Scripts must be pre-approved
No greater than X: 6m Y: 9m Z: 5m
- shape is optional provided it is within overall size limits
- must be large enough for 1-2 normal size avatars to easily walk around inside
- be submitted in one unit which will rez complete when set on ground. No additional assembly
- allow full permissions
- must have at least 2 places to sit
- must allow a place for a piece of art created by Chapl Paisley. She will place a piece of art or sculpture appropriate for each winning entry.
Submitters agree that no copy or version of submission ( from the design and building process ) will appear in any other venue or public place through the end of the exhibition. Embargo Release: 20 January 2009
- Dakota Dreamscape
- Chapl Paisley
- Jurors reserve the right to reject any entries not reflecting the theme or out-of-compliance with any of the criteria expressed or implied.
This Design Competition is endorsed by AIA North Dakota (American Institute of Architects North Dakota Chapter)